Make these delicious pancakes your weekend special, and let the kids mix and measure. Soon, they’ll be begging for these delicious perfect pancakes every day of the week!
1 cup flour (all purpose – spooned and leveled)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup skim milk
1 large free-range organic egg – (we like Lily’s Eggs from the Hollywood Farmers’ Market)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
Canola oil on paper towel to oil skillet
1. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a small bowl and mix together, set aside.
2. In the KitchenAid, whisk together milk, egg and butter. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and oil with the paper towel.
4. Using a small ladle make 3 small pancakes (about 3 inches in diameter) on the skillet. Cook until the surface begins to form bubbles and the underside is golden brown. Flip using a fish slice and cook the other side until golden brown (about 2 minutes each side). Continue to cook in batches of 3, wiping the pan with the oiled kitchen towel each time, until all the batter is used up.
5. Stack, drizzle with maple syrup and a dot of butter and serve immediately.
To read more from this article click here.