This is the recipe for parents who have a hard time getting the kiddos to eat their meat. Marmalade Chicken is super easy to prepare and the sauce is slightly sweet, which will delight kid and grown-up taste buds alike.The best part? You can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes (less time than an episode of Curious George).
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a 12” skillet over medium heat.
2. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste (for younger children, you may want to cut the chicken into bite sized pieces).
3. Add chicken to the pan and cook four to five minutes on each side, or until completely cooked through.
4. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
5. Whisk the remaining ingredients together adding salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the marmalade mixture to the skillet over low heat.
7. Stir occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about two to three minutes.
8. Return chicken to the skillet and coat with the sauce.
9. Serve warm, with extra sauce on the side for dipping.
Susan Schuman is a working mom with two small kids and a hungry husband. She writes Our Family Eats to share ideas for fun, wholesome meals that anyone can fit into their hectic schedule. You can connect with Susan on Twitter @ourfamilyeats.