While we totally understand our little ones’ almost constant craving for pizza, it’s not exactly the healthiest dinner option for our families. Luckily, Kath Eats Real Food (we love her blog name) has provided the perfect solution: eggplant pizzas! These perfectly sized portions are fresh, healthy, and super simple, so your family can feel free to indulge.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 14oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
1 tbsp garlic gold (or sauteed garlic)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Cheese of your choice – about 1-2 cups
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice eggplant into discs, rub with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Bake for 20 minutes at 400.
3. Remove eggplants from oven, flip, and spread with tomato paste.
4. Pile on roasted tomatoes (draining slightly if they’re too runny), and top with garlic gold, Italian seasoning, and cheese.
5. Bake for 10 more minutes, and serve warm.
recipe and photo courtesy of Kath Eats Real Food
– Claire Schillings