While 2019 was definitely a big year for Disney Parks (thank you, Galaxy’s Edge), the new year is shaping up to be just as exciting. The Imagineers have been hard at work crafting new rides, revamping classic attractions and whipping up new tastes for parkgoers and you won’t want to miss any of it. Keep reading to make sure you’re in the know for each and every upcoming event happening at Disney Parks next year.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
1. Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, the first Disney ride-through attraction featuring the mouse duo will open Mar. 4.
2. Check out the new Mickey Mouse-themed seats at Disney's Hollywood Studios Mickey Shorts Theater starting in March.
3. In the first-ever collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering, a new show hits the stage at Disney Springs. Guests will be treated to a journey through an animator's desk, where images come alive.
4. Epcot International Festival of the Arts debuts Jan. 17 and will continue for 39 days through Feb. 24, 2020. Guests will enjoy artists, foodie finds and hands-on opportunities to embrace their own artistic skills.
5. Three new films will debut Jan. 17 at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts: “Awesome Planet,” in the Land pavilion, “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along,” in the France pavilion and “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” in the Canada pavilion.
6. This summer Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will open in the France pavilion and will bring guests "on a super-sized adventure with Chef Remy through Gusteau’s restaurant."
7. Napkins out! Enjoy Epcot's new restaurants that include Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue at The American Adventure in Epcot, Space 220 next to Mission: SPACE and Roundup Rodeo BBQ coming to Toy Story Land.
8. The long-awaited attraction in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance finally opens on Jan. 17.
9. Celebrate 80s Nite on Jan. 29 and Sweethearts Nite Feb. 12-13 as part of Disneyland After Dark, special after-hours ticketed events.
10. Starting Feb. 28, catch the brand new "Magic Happens" parade as it travels down Main Street, U.S.A.
Disney's California Adventure Park
11. Grab your capes because the Avengers Campus will open at Disney's California Adventure Park in 2020. The new area will feature the first Disney ride-through attraction to showcase Spider-Man.
12. Celebrate the Year of the Mouse Jan. 17-Feb. 9 during the limited-time festival, “Hurry Home–Lunar New Year Celebration." Parkgoers will enjoy Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession, a Lucky Wishing Wall, and tasty food options inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures.
13. Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival will return Feb. 28 through April 21, 2020. Enjoy limited-edition wine and food pairings in addition to live entertainment.
14. Enjoy Disneyland After Dark events including Pixar Nite (Mar. 5) and Villains Nite (Apr. 30), both of which are special after-hours ticketed events.
15. Anna and Elsa's dresses get a Frozen 2 update, which can be seen in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Frozen 2” at Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome.
16. Celebrate Halloween Time at the Oogie Boogie Bash–A Disney Halloween Party, a separately ticketed event on select nights Sept.–Oct. 2020.
All photos: Courtesy of Disney