January is nearly here, and you know what that means… New Year’s resolutions! While there are some things you can’t change—being woken up before sunrise on the weekends, crazy busy school pickup lines—and some things you wouldn’t dream of switching up (hey, road trips are a tradition!), it is possible to make every day better and brighter. Here are 15 ways to make it happen.
1. Let the kids help with dinner.
photo: Woodley Wonderworks via flickr creative commons
2. Make Game Night a regular thing.
photo: Colleen Kelly via flickr creative commons
3. Organize the massive piles of LEGOs.
photo: Roy Luck via flickr creative commons
4. Spend more time outdoors.
5. Don’t sweat the small stuff (Face it, toddler tantrums are gonna happen!).
photo: Rom via flickr creative commons
6. Compete in silly face-making contests.
photo: Gordon via flickr creative commons
7. All those photos on your hard drive? Make ‘em tangible. (check out our picks for best photo services here).
photo: Social Print Studio
8. Schedule a standing video-chat date with long-distance relatives.
photo: aehdeschaine via flickr creative commons
9. Make art once a week.
10. Have tickle fights often.
photo: JK B via flickr creative commons
12. Visit a new museum this year.
photo: Diane Wallace for ASU Art Museum via flickr creative commons
13. Start a family library.
14. Start each day with big hugs or funny stories. These are the moments you all will treasure.
What is YOUR New Year’s resolution? Share it with us in the Comments!
— Kelly Aiglon & Erin Lem & Gabby Cullen