Before the holidays come at you like the Tasmanian Devil, carve out some family time that requires very little planning. Treat yourself to a stay at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions, an authentically African-themed, all-under-one-roof resort in the Pocono Mountains. They have a new family feature, Gorilla Grove Treetop Adventures, which features ropes courses, zip lines and more action-packed activities. Read on for 8 reasons Kalahari Resorts and Conventions is an ideal winter destination for NYC families.
1. Convenience! The resort is just two hours driving distance from the city. This means no fighting JFK crowds, no airplane tantrums and no hassle.
2. Pennsylvania’s Largest Indoor Water Park! Splash around at the Resort’s gigantic water park that measures 100,000 square feet. You won’t miss those Florida beaches one bit.
3. Just Opened! Gorilla Grove Treetop Adventures! Catch some air at the resort’s new adventure park that features zip lines, rope courses, platform obstacles and much more. Even if you’re not a daredevil 8 at heart, this new opening will build your kiddo’s confidence and encourage a healthy lifestyle full of adventure.
4. Family Entertainment Galore (with Characters)! Kick off your Saturday with a special character breakfast with Kenya. Family-style dining, coloring contests and great photo-ops make this breakfast one to remember. Good to know: You’ll want to reserve your family’s spots in advance. Afterwards, beeline it to the 30,000 square foot Family Entertainment Center that was made for kids. Enjoy the blacklight mini-golf, a 5-D theatre, bowling, arcade games and more.
5. There’s Something for You Too, Mom & Dad! There’s complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the resort, as well as a spa and salon, swim-up bar, indoor/outdoor whirlpools and an adult culinary program.
6. Snooze Like You’re at Home! Choose from a variety of spacious and comfortable guest rooms that can accommodate different sized groups (yes, bringing along Grandma and Grandpa is encouraged). One-, two- and three-room suites make this an ideal destination for any size family.
7. Dining Options! You’ll never get bored with the dining options because the Resort has six different eateries to choose from. Bon appetit! You can even spice up your morning cup of Joe and try the authentic Rwandan coffee served on-site.
8. Vacation Packages! Take advantage of Kalahari Resorts’ seasonal packages to find one that best suits your family and book your African adventure today. Check them out here.
Get moving to the most fun (and convenient!) summer break you’ll ever experience.