Presidents Day is here and that can only mean one thing: another three day weekend for our kids…and another long weekend of trying to find ways to keep them from going stir-crazy. Especially since the weather doesn’t seem to be letting up, you’ll need more than your standby indoor activities to keep your pint-sized patriots busy for the next few days. But never fear, because we’re here to provide you with a fun list of activities and events that will make this a truly fantastic weekend.
1. Weather outside looking frightful? Here are 11 ways you can stay indoors and beat cabin fever.
2. George Washington and Abraham Lincoln aren’t the only ones having birthdays this month, celebrate the Clifford as he turns 50 years old.
3. Stay warm with some toe tapping and dancing at a fun concert just for kids.
4. Watch a live theater show without breaking the bank. These local children’s theaters will transport you to a far away place and excite your imagination.
5. Catch a sword-wielding spectacle that will leave both you and your little ones in amazement.
6. School may be out for the day, but class is in session at TADA! Youth Theater. Brig your budding thespian to learn the fundamentals of performing on stage.
7. Put those little noses to work designing and perfecting your very own perfume.
8. Snuggle up next to your little munchkins as you gently roast your ‘mallows to perfection and devour some tasty s’mores.
9. Head outside the city and actually enjoy the snow by packing your skis and hitting the slopes with the fam.
10. Relax and enjoy a free jazz concert that showcases some classic tunes by Louie Armstrong, Billie Holiday, and Ella Fitzgerald.
What’s on your weekend bucket list? With uncertain weather does it look like you’ll be staying indoors this Presidents Day?
— Scott Wardell
photo credit: creativedc via flickr