Kids getting bored of cold cereal and eggs? Looking to liven up your Sunday mornings repetoire? Want an easy breakfast recipe kids love? Our friends Simran and Stacie at A Little Yumminess shared this fab, kid-friendly recipe for Coconut Mango Pancakes with us.
According to Simran, “They make a delicious dessert with vanilla ice-cream and some fresh diced mango. I buy the canned Mango Puree from Indian grocery stores – there is one called Jai Ho near Japantown on Fillmore Street in San Francisco.”
Be sure to visit A Little Yumminess for more kid-tested, family friendly recipes.
Coconut Mango Pancakes
1 cup coconut milk
1½ cups mango puree (available at Indian grocery stores or make yourself)
2 whole eggs
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
butter – for making pancakes
- Whisk together coconut milk, mango puree and eggs until mixture is smooth
- Add the flour in 4-5 batches whisking each time to incorporate
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan, pour in a 1/3 cup measuring spoon of batter and cook till small bubbles appear on the surface. Flip over and cook the other side.
- Serve with honey or syrup and some fresh fruit
- Variation: add chocolate chips for an extra treat
photo: veganbaking.net via flickr