It’s late August and that means one thing – it’s back to school time! Going back to school is a chance to begin all over again. It’s the time when we buy new calendars, make promises to ourselves about how this school year will be better than the last, and reboot our menu planning efforts after a summer of throwing whatever we could find on the grill. This Creamy Parmesan Chicken Bake is a perfect example of the types of dishes that fill our menu plans as we begin the back to school season. It’s a dead simple dish, ready in under 30 minutes, that everyone around the table loves. It’s easy to adapt to feed as many people as needed too. The creaminess comes from Greek yogurt instead of mayo, so it’s easy to fit into any diet. The result is flavorful, tender chicken with just enough cheesy creaminess to make the kids want seconds. And maybe the Dads too.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rinse chicken breasts under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken breasts into a baking dish, keeping them fairly close together.
3. Sprinkle evenly with thyme, salt, and pepper.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over the chicken breasts.
5. Spread Greek yogurt evenly over chicken, covering each piece entirely.
6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the yogurt.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Serve warm.
Susan Schuman is a working mom with two small kids and a hungry husband. She writes Our Family Eats to share ideas for fun, wholesome meals that anyone can fit into their hectic schedule. You can connect with Susan on Twitter @ourfamilyeats.