Fall is is in the air. Crisp mornings and changing leaves mean a whole new kind of fun for Portland families who don’t slow down when the weather turns.Bring on the Autumnal fun in the upcoming weeks with some of these incredible activities we’ve rounded up for you. Get your calendar out and start adding, because there’s pumpkins to pick, rock climbing, Oktoberfest, salmon jumping and crafts galore. And that’s just in one week! Read on for more!
photo: Meg via flickr
1. Find the perfect pumpkin for the occasion at one of these great farms.
2. Go on a special hunt at Kiyokawa Orchards for pink-on-the-inside apples, sure to please any princess-in-training.
3. Take a spooky walk over a local suspension bridge to a 40 foot castle on the Fantasy Trail!
4. Score some back-to-school hits at some of the best deals around.
5. Find a fall festival for all your apple-bobbing, cider-sipping needs.
6. Scoot over the bridge to Sauvie Island, where you can enjoy one last warm day on the sand, find a frog on a pond trail, or hit up some fall farms.
8. Hit the trails with your wheels. Stroller wheels, that is.
9. Strike out on a fantastic day trip for a change of scenery.
photo: Teote via facebook
10. Eat outdoors on a balmy night .
11. Don the lab coats and perform some epic science experiments.
12. Bar-hop, family-style.
13. Check out the fall colors at these stunning spots.
14. Cast a line at a new or favorite fishing spot.
15. Check out the visitor center at Tillamook Cheese Factory.
photo: Kristi White via flickr
16. Hunt for the splashiest waterfall on some of these great hikes.
17. Hit up OMSI for a mere $2 on the first Sunday of every month!
18. Practice your perfect 300 game at your local bowling alley.
19. Watch the salmon leap up the fish ladder at Bonneville Dam.
20. Soar, discover and explore in Astoria.
21. Join the Swift Watch at Chapman Elementary to watch these birds roost each night.
22. Discover awesome playgrounds for your awesome kids
22. Get some retail therapy, kid-style.
photo: jason via flickr
23. Hit the road on one of these epic fall road trips.
24. Find your new favorite bedtime story.
25. Get sciency at home with these lab experiments.
26. Fly away with your very own pixie dust.
27. Craft the perfect paper crown, monster, or giant airplane!
28. Make s’mores over an epic bonfire.
29. Get spooky with some fizzy, bubbly, smoky, glittery pretend potions.
30. Head to the Portland Farmer’s Market and find the most perfect apple you can. Winner gets to make apple cobbler!
31. Hunt for pinecones and make some treats for the birds, or get crafty with these options!
32. Get lost in the corn maze!
33. Carve the best.pumpkin.ever.