Fall is is in the air. Crisp mornings and changing leaves are a welcome reprieve from the heat of summer as families look forward to a whole new season full of fun things to do. If you aren’t quite sure what to do in the upcoming weeks, no worries, we’ve rounded up some of the best activities for you. Get your calendar out and start adding, because there’s cider to taste, rock climbing, Oktoberfest, salmon jumping and crafts galore. And that’s just in one week! Read on for more!
photo: Meg via flickr
1. Find the perfect pumpkin for the occasion at one of these great farms.
2. Go on a special hunt at Kiyokawa Orchards for pink-on-the-inside apples, sure to please any princess-in-training.
3. Take a spooky walk over a local suspension bridge to a 40 foot castle on the Fantasy Trail!
4. Spend the day at the Hood River Valley Harvest Fest, where the whole Gorge turns out to celebrate the season!
5. Score some back-to-school hits at some of the best deals around.
6. Find a fall festival for all your apple-bobbing, cider-sipping needs.
7. Scoot over the bridge to Sauvie Island, where you can enjoy one last warm day on the sand, find a frog on a pond trail, or hit up some fall farms.
9. Hit the trails with your wheels. Stroller wheels, that is.
10. Strike out on a fantastic day trip for a change of scenery.
photo: Teote via facebook
11. Eat outdoors on a balmy night .
12. Take the kids to Vegas! (What??? No, really!)
13. Don the lab coats and perform some epic science experiments.
14. Bar-hop, family-style.
15. Cotton candy, rides, roller skating, trains, more rides, mini golf, carnival games… it’s pretty much paradise for kids every day at Oaks Amusement Park.
16. Check out the fall colors at these stunning spots.
17. Visit a great local bookstore for some thrilling journeys to fantasy land.
18. Cast a line at a new or favorite fishing spot.
19. Check out the visitor center at Tillamook Cheese Factory.
photo: Kristi White via flickr
20. Hunt for the splashiest waterfall on some of these great hikes.
21. Hit up OMSI for a mere $2 on the first Sunday of every month!
23. Fall rain never stops a good adventure- take the kids rock climbing indoors!
24. Discover why the downtown Vancouver Community Library has been named one of the top 10 libraries for kids!
25. Practice your perfect 300 game at your local bowling alley.
26. Watch the salmon leap up the fish ladder at Bonneville Dam.
27. Soar, discover and explore in Astoria.
28. Splash around in one of our great indoor pools.
29. Go on a seasonal train ride.
photo: pumpkin regatta via facebook
30. Watch a giant pumpkin race!
31. Join the Swift Watch at Chapman Elementary to watch these birds roost each night.
32. Head to Lincoln City for the Kite Festival!
33. Find a treasure at the gem show.
34. Find edible treasures for your adventurous eater at the mushroom festival.
35. Tour a pioneer-era farm at their annual Cider Squeeze.
36. Discover awesome playgrounds for your awesome kids
37. Movie night! Order up some popcorn and fun at these theaters for kids.
38. Get some retail therapy, kid-style.
photo: jason via flickr
39. Hit the road on one of these epic fall road trips.
40. Find your new favorite bedtime story from one of the best books of 2019- so far!
41. Get sciency at home with these lab experiments.
42. Fly away with your very own pixie dust.
43. Craft the perfect paper crown, monster, or giant airplane!
44. Make s’mores over an epic bonfire.
45. Go on a Treasure hunt for leaves, and create a rainbow on your living room wall.
46. Get spooky with some fizzy, bubbly, smoky, glittery pretend potions.
47. Head to the Portland Farmer’s Market and find the most perfect apple you can. Winner gets to make apple cobbler!
48. Hunt for pinecones and make some treats for the birds, or get crafty with these options!
49. Get lost in the corn maze!
50. Carve the best.pumpkin.ever.