While we’ve got to start gearing up for fall, we still have one more three day weekend to celebrate the end of summer. Whether your family is looking for that final hurrah or something to help you relax and wind down after these past few months of craziness, we’ve got you covered with a bevy of events taking place over the long Labor Day weekend. You’ve labored enough already this summer, so get out there and enjoy yourself!
1. Plan an end-of-summer outing that the whole family will enjoy! Explore a shipwreck, check out an antique cannon, or simply relax by the beach at Fort Stevens State Park.
2. Beat the heat and indulge your sweet tooth at the same time! Try out these simple, kid-friendly no-bake desserts that will have your kids psyched to help out in the kitchen (this time).
3. Say goodbye to the freedom of summer by having a Yes Day! It’s not as scary as it sounds, we promise.
4. Take advantage of what’s left of that summer heat and head to one of Portland’s best swim spots for the perfect place to take a dip!
5. Spend your Friday picking berries at Morning Shade Farm. Just be sure the kids save some for later!
6. Start your Saturday morning off with a lakeside adventure at Blue Lake Park and let the kids splish splash to their hearts content.
7. For an exciting adventure that’s close to home, check out OMSI’s newest mummy exhibit and enjoy the trip way back in time.
8. Take the whole family out to the ball game and experience Portland baseball at its finest with the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes.
9. Do your part and check out the world’s first non-profit brewhouse, complete with a delicious kids menu and play area. Cheers!
10. Maybe getting out of the city sounds like the perfect way to spend this Labor Day weekend? Pack up the car and head over to the exciting city of Eugene for some family fun.
11. Introduce your little health nuts to Portland’s best spot for natural food! Pack a picnic (or try the cafe) and lunch al fresco in the gorgeous garden.
12. Enjoy a ferris wheel, carnival games, and (best of all) funnel cake at the Oregon State Fair in Salem.
13. For a Sunday morning adventure, browse the King Farmers Market and grab supplies for a family picnic to enjoy the rest of that sweet summer weather.
14. Explore a real-life candy land at Portland’s newest sustainable candy shop! Be sure to grab a sweet treat for later.
15. Take a mini-trip (only an hour away!) to Hood River and discover the amazing beauty and excitement of this beloved family spot!
What does your family have in store this Labor Day? Share your plans or Labor Day traditions with us in a comment below.