2011 has been an exciting and rewarding year at Red Tricycle. Our success and growth is directly correlated to you — our readers whose unwavering loyalty and support make us feel like the luckiest mamas in the world! As a way to reflect on the awesomeness of this past year, we’ve made a list of Portland’s top stories of 2011. So thanks wonderful Red Tricycle readers, we couldn’t have done it without you. And, stay tuned because we’ve got a lot more fun in store for 2012. From our family to yours, happy new year!
1. There’s nothing like a night off from cooking and dining out with the family. Many of you gave us a big thumbs up for our list of family-friendly Portland restaurants where you an enjoy a leisurely (not to mention delicious) meal out with the fam.
2. Portland’s weather is well, not super ideal year round, which means that parents are always seeking out new spots for indoor play. You showed us love by making our list of indoor play spaces that both parents and kids love one of the most popular of the year.
3. Who says you can’t kick back with a brew and spend time with your loved ones? Certainly not the folks who run these family-friendly Portland breweries.
7. Kids eat free?! Sign us up.
8. Summer means the kids are out of school, but it also means you need to find clever ways to entertain them for three months. Many of you loved our story on 50 things to do with kids in Portland during the summer.
9. Being a parent to an energetic little one usually means starting the day off with a big cup of joe. Luckily, our wonderful city has tons of great family-friendly coffee shops where kids can have fun and mom and dad can get their much-needed caffeine fix.
10. And, last but not least, our insider’s guide to bringing kids to Burning Man was a huge hit with our Portland readers. While many of you scoffed at this idea, there are plenty of burner mamas and dads who enjoy this annual pilgrimage to Black Rock City with kids in tow. Read more to find out how.
As always, we love to hear feedback from our readers so if you have a tip about a new local business, your favorite hidden park, or merely, want to let us know what you’d like to hear more of in 2012 then shoot us an email to tips (at) redtri.com. Ride on!
— Erin Lem
Photo credit: Kate C. via Flickr.