This potato skillet with baked eggs is a meal worth waking up for. Hearty and delicious, this recipe can be enjoyed beyond breakfast for brunch, lunch and even dinner. Created in only five steps with one pot, we’re guessing this will soon be a popular eat for everyone in your household.
1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
6 slices bacon, chopped
2 lb (1 kg) new potatoes, cut into chunks
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh thyme leaves
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach
1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
1 tomato, cut into chunks
1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh shelled peas
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium heat.
2. Cook the bacon for 7 minutes or until crisp. Transfer half the bacon, using a slotted spoon, to a paper-towel lined plate.
3. Add the potatoes, onion, thyme and half the salt and pepper to the skillet.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until softened. Increase the heat to medium-high. Cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. Stir in the spinach, broth and tomato. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
5. Stir in the peas. Create 4 small divots in the potato mixture. Cracks an egg into each divot. Cover and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until eggs are cooked to desired doneness. Sprinkle with reserved, crisp bacon. Serve immediately.
Do you like this recipe? Tell us below!
Want more awesome recipes? Head over to The Hot Plate Community, a culinary resource website that’s all about tantalizing your taste buds while learning the ins and outs of the kitchen. If you’re a home cook, you’ll love this site.