Teaching kids to read is a rewarding experience, but it doesn’t come easy! Luckily, Random House Children’s Books has just announced that it is launching a new learn-to-read program that comes with a clear method and recurring characters and stories that is perfect for kids ages four to eight.
Developed by reading and literary specialist Marla Conn, the Reading House program is made up of 12 boxed sets all releasing in 2021. Each set comes with 12 leveled storybooks, an activity sheet, a progress sticker sheet and a classroom guide.
The new program teaches kiddos letter recognition and phonemic awareness as they progress on their journey to independent reading. Using recurring characters and stories, kids are able to recognize words and understand meaning due to context clues and familiarity.
The Reading House Sets 1–5 launches 1/5/2021 and includes:
- The Reading House Set 1: Letter Recognition A–L
- The Reading House Set 2: Letter Recognition M–Z, including lower and upper-case letters and beginning sounds
- The Reading House Set 3: Introduction to Short Vowel Sounds
- The Reading House Set 4: Short Vowel Clusters and Sight Words
- The Reading House Set 5: Short Vowels and Reading for Fluency, including short vowels sounds and word families, clusters, and sight words
The Reading House Sets 6–8 launches 3/2/2021 and includes:
- The Reading House Set 6: Introduction to Long Vowel Sounds
- The Reading House Set 7: Long Vowel Blends and Sight Words
- The Reading House Set 8: Long Vowels and Reading for Fluency, including long vowel sounds and word families, blends, and sight words
The Reading House Sets 9–12 launches 5/4/2021 and includes:
- The Reading House Set 9: Introduction to Reading for Meaning
- The Reading House Set 10: Sequencing Events
- The Reading House Set 11: Comparing and Contrasting
- The Reading House Set 12: Cause and Effect Relationships
Stay tuned for more details about pre-order availability!
All photos: Courtesy of Random House