NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
HOW TO ENTER: The Contest (“Contest”) will run from 11/18/2019 at 12:00 a.m. PST to 12/25/2019 at 11:59 p.m. PST and will run on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Any entries received after the contest has closed will not be included in the Contest. In order to enter the contest, participants are required to do the following:
- Post a photo or a video of your family’s real Christmas tree memory-making experience to a public account on one of the following social platforms: Instagram, Twitter or Facebook
- Include #RealTreesRealMemories and #Contest in the post
- Post a photo or a video of your family’s real Christmas tree memory-making experience in the comments of the contest post on the Red Tricycle Facebook page or the It’s Christmas. Keep It Real. Facebook Page
Photographs and videos must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest. Entries are limited to one entry per person per day. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting entry is prohibited.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees or Sponsor, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to win the prize package.
SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by the Christmas Tree Promotion Board (“Sponsor”). Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest at any time and substitute another promotion in its place. The Sponsor is deemed to be the party providing the prize package for this Contest. The Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment within 30 days of the winner providing requested mailing information. If winner does not receive prize within 45 days, the winner is to email Red Tricycle for follow up (email@example.com). The winner forgoes any prizes after 180 days without follow up.
WINNERS SELECTION: Four weekly winners will be selected throughout the Contest period. One grand prize winner will be selected within 72 hours after the close of the Contest period from among all eligible entries received during the Contest.
Winners will be determined by Red Tricycle and Sponsor. Entries for weekly winners and grand prize winner will be judged on the following criteria:
(33%) Creativity – we want to see you and your family having fun!
(33%) Image quality – make sure we can see the fresh tree!
(34%) Adherence to Theme – Remember, this is all about real Christmas trees and making real family memories!
Weekly winners will be selected from submissions received between the following dates: November 18- December 1, December 2-December 8, December 9-December 15, and December 16-December 22.
Grand prize winner will be selected from all entries received during the Contest from November 18-December 25th.
Winners will have 72 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be selected. A list of winners can be requested at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Red Tricycle is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive winner’s emailed information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, email being inadvertently flagged as junk or other email form, or at any website or any combination thereof. Every reasonable attempt will be exhausted prior to prize forfeiture and a new winner being selected, including, but not limited to review of all sub-folders and accounts where emails may inadvertently be directed.
PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Prize is valued as follows: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) gift card valued at $1,000. Grand prize winner will be required to submit an IRS W9 form. FOUR (4) WEEKLY PRIZES: One (1) gift card valued at $250.
GENERAL: Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Neither Red Tricycle nor their affiliates will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in these promotions. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Red Tricycle, which are final and binding in all respects. Red Tricycle is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the promotion.
INTERNET: Red Tricycle is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Red Tricycle on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the promotions are not capable of running as planned for any reason Red Tricycle reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined up to the point of the action taken by the Red Tricycle.
CONTEST ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS: All Contest Entries must comply with the following minimum guidelines to be eligible:
- Only entries featuring real, natural trees, submitted via the above-mentioned means of entries will be accepted.
- Entrant must have express written permission from any individuals that appear in the Submission. If Submission features a minor under the age of majority in his/her state of residence, you must obtain written permission from the minor’s legal guardian.
- Submissions on public Instagram, Facebook or Twitter accounts must include #RealTreesRealMemories and #Contest to be eligible
- Submission must conform to the format and size requirements and limitations of Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
- Submission cannot contain content that is irrelevant to the purpose of the Contest.
- Once a Submission has been submitted, it cannot be modified or deleted by Entrant.
- Each submitted Submission must be original.
- No duplicate Submission or substantially similar Submission, as determined by the Sponsor’s in its sole discretion, may be submitted.
- By submitting a Submission taken by a third party, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she has secured all rights and clearances to the Submission from the photographer or videographer.
- Entry and Submission cannot be profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive or contain nudity.
- Entry and Submission cannot be violent or promote firearms/weapons.
- Entry and Submission cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco.
- Entry and Submission cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about people, brands, products or companies.
- Entry and Submission cannot contain content that defaces or depicts any person, brand, product or company in a negative or inappropriate manner.
- Entry and Submission cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group or be derogatory to any ethic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group.
- Entry and Submission cannot reference or contain materials embodying copyrighted images, names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any brand, products, company or person, living or dead, without permission.
- Entry and Submission cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor, Instagram and Facebook wish to associate.
- Entry and Submission cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
- Entry and Submission cannot in any way reference persons or organizations without written permission from any person or organization whose name or likeness is used.
- Entry and Submission may not include images of a known celebrity, famous or well-known person or any image which violates the right of privacy or publicity of any person.
By submitting a Contest Entry, Contest Entrant warrants and represents that: (a) Contest Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity; (b) Contest Entrant owns all rights to the Contest Entry, including without limitation, copyrights, and has received prior written permission from a third party if any Submission was photographed or videoed by someone other than the Contest Entrant him/herself; and (c) Contest Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and related entities, agents and assigns from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of your representations and warranties herein, the Contest Entry, or Contest Entrant’s conduct in creating the Contest Entry, the acceptance or use of any prize or otherwise in connection with this Contest.
PHOTO SUBMISSIONS/RELEASES: If the photograph or video submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph or video, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph or video, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph or video in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. By participating in the Contest, participants give Sponsor and Red Tricycle the right to share participant’s images, videos and text.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder. Red Tricycle assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Contest.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
AMENDMENT: Any and all rules and regulations stated within, may be amended for a specific Contest to be in compliance with the rules and regulations of a specific Sponsor. Any amendment of rules and regulations will be stated in the Contest post.