Last week King Bio, the manufacturer of Dr. King’s products, issued a voluntary recall for 32 of its infant and kid products due to a possible microbial contamination. Representatives for King Bio referred Red Tricycle to a message from Dr. King with full info on the recall.
While the company did not disclose the exact microbial contamination, it did recall the products out of an abundance of caution. It states that further use of the product could result in worsening infections that would require medical intervention and potentially life-threatening infections for some.
Recall Product Description: 32 Kids & Infant Products from Dr. King
- DK Attention & Learning Enh.
- Chicken Pox Symptom Relief
- Children’s Appetite & Weight
- Children’s Appetite Enhance
- Children’s Cough Relief
- Children’s Fever Reliever
- Children’s Growth & Development
- DK Newborn Tonic
- DK Nosebleed Relief
- Children’s Ear Relief Formula
- DK Teething
- DK Colic Relief
- Tummy Aches
- Kids Multi-Strain Flu Relief
- Kids Stress & Anxiety
- Kids Sleep Aid
- Kids Bed Wetting (NP)
- Kids Candida 4 oz
- Kids Attention & Learning (SCRX)
- Bed Wetting Prevention (SCRX)
- Chicken Pox Symptom Relief (SCRX)
- Childrens Cough (SCRX)
- Children’s Ear Formula (SCRX)
- Children’s Fever Reliever (SCRX)
- Children’s Growth & Development (SCRX)
- Colic Relief (SCRX)
- Newborn Tonic (SCRX)
- Teething (SCRX)
- Tummy Aches (SCRX)
- Children’s Apetite & Weight (SCRX)
- Children’s Appetite Enhancer (SCRX)
**SCRX= “Safe Care Rx” is for professionals only.
Why It Was Recalled
The 32 products were recalled because of an undisclosed potential microbial contamination that could worsen symptoms. Currently, no illnesses have been reported, but King Bio is exercising caution and voluntarily recalling the small amount of products to be safe.
How to Tell if Your Product Is Part of the Recall
If your product is one of the ones listed above and was purchased between 08/01/2017 and 04/2018, it may be part of the recall.
What Parents Can Do
If your product is found to be under the recall you should stop using it immediately. Consumer can contact King Bio by emailing email@example.com or calling 866-298-2740 to begin the refund process
Feature Photo: Mike Mozart via Flickr