Looking for some riddles for kids to keep those little minds sharp? We’ve found some kid-friendly puzzlers just right for your fam. Share them out loud or slip them into a lunchbox!
1. What has hands but cannot write or clap?
Answer: A clock.
2. What has stripes and goes through the air?
Hint: It sometimes goes on the ground, too.!
Answer: A basketball.
3. I am yellow and I write, and my mate is white.
Answer: A pencil.
4. What gets wetter the more it dries?
Answer: A towel.
5. What always ends up broken before you use it?
Answer: An egg.
6. What begins with T ends with T and has a T in it?
Answer: A teapot.
7. What breaks as soon as you say its name?
8. If you threw a yellow stone into a blue sea, what would it become?
9. How do you make the number “one” disappear?
Answer: Add a “g” and it is “gone.”
10. What bank never has any money?
Answer: A river bank.
11. What number is odd until you take away one letter; then it becomes even?
12. There is one word spelled wrong in every English dictionary. What is it?
13. What goes in your pocket but keeps it empty?
Answer: A hole.
14. What belongs to you but is used most often by everyone else?
Answer: Your name.
15. What is as big as a hippo but weighs nothing at all?
Answer: A hippo's shadow.
16. What has legs but cannot walk?
Answer: A chair.
17. I sometimes run but cannot walk. You follow me around. What am I?
Answer: Your nose.
18. What word begins and ends with the E but only has one letter?
19. What do you find at the end of a rainbow?
Answer: The letter W.
20. If an electric train is traveling 60 MPH and going against the wind, which way will the train's smoke drift?
Answer: There is no smoke from an electric train.
21. What runs but cannot walk, has a mouth but no teeth and has a bed but cannot sleep?
Answer: A river.
22. There was a circle house. There was a chef, a nanny, a butler, two children, and a maid. The boy child was found dead. The nanny said she was playing with the girl, the chef said he was cooking dinner and the maid said she was dusting the corners. So who killed the boy?
Answer: The maid because she was lying about dusting corners. A circle house has no corners.
—submitted by Joshua Y., age 9
23. Why did the kid bury his walkie talkie?
Because the batteries died.
24. What kind of ship has two mates but no captain?