You’ve shuttled your crew from school to (enter key word: soccer practice, sitter, piano lessons, or all of the above) and back home again. Before your hunger pains set in, turn to this recipe, courtesy of Lisa from Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish, that will have your fam fed in no time.
1 whole chicken or 1 cut-up fryer
4 sprigs rosemary
1/2 cup white wine
1.Place a cast iron skillet or other baking dish in the oven and preheat to 425 degrees. If using a whole chicken, cut into 4 pieces (2 wing/breast pieces and 2 thigh/leg pieces).
2. Zest 1 orange and the lemon. Slice the other orange into 8 pieces.
3. Season chicken pieces generously with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with orange and lemon zest.
4. Once oven is preheated, remove skillet or baking dish and drizzle with a little olive oil.Place chicken pieces in the skillet, drizzle olive oil over the chicken and top with two orange slices on each piece. Place rosemary sprigs on top of chicken. Pour wine into skillet.
5. Roast for 50-60 minutes, until skin is browned and chicken is cooked through.
6. Let rest for about 5 minutes. Serve with the pan juices.