Fall in the Bay Area is glorious, there’s no denying it. For Bay Area families, autumn means that the days of omnipresent fog become a distant memory and the sun-drenched days are here. From neighborhood excursions to harvest festivities, we dug up a slew of awesome things to do with your kids in San Francisco this fall. Now get out there and play!
1. Nothing screams autumn more than a trip to a local u-pick apple farm. Many in our area are open for picking through mid-November.
2. Enjoy the changing leaves and go biking on a kid-friendly bike path.
3. Take a road trip to see the leaves in all their colorful glory!
4. Get your tickets to ride the SkyStar Observation Wheel at Golden Gate Park. It has finally opened and is a fun way to view the city.
5. Rent a paddle boat and check out the ducks and turtles at Stow Lake in Golden Gate Park!
6. Indulge in some apple cider, the quintessential fall drink.
7. Do you know the way to San Jose? Check out the South Bay's discovery museum and their rad outdoor play area.
9. Or, head to one of the drive-in movie nights that are still happening like this one that is screening Goosebumps 2.
10. Take the little ones on a stroller hike.
11. On those sunny fall days, pack a picnic and enjoy a meal outdoors.
12. Take a ferry ride to Angel Island with the kiddos before it gets too chilly.
13. Pick the perfect gourd at one of these local pumpkin patches.
14. Then snag one of these pumpkin carving templates and go to town!
15. Bake up some pumpkin treats to get your house smelling like fall.
13. Live it up and take the kids for a visit to our local haunted house, the Winchester Mystery House.
14. Drive through a haunted car wash IF YOU DARE!
15. Grab your rods and reels and spend the day fishing.
16. Get the kiddos out of the house and explore a legendary warship.
17. Spend the afternoon at the Japanese Tea Garden, the oldest public Japanese Garden in the United States.
18. Grab a good book and spend a few hours reading to your little ones.
19. Ride the rails at Roaring Camp in Felton.
20. Are any creeks around you still running? Now is a fun time to take the kids splashing!