Get on your toddler sized dancing shoes get ready to shake your groove thing at the KidAroo Music Festival which will be rockin’ on the Little Marina Green on Saturday, September 25, 2010. It’s like Lollapalooza for kids and this all day music festival has not only an amazing line up of top kindie-artists but a long list of other cool local SF kid-entertainment. This first of it’s kind dedicated kids music festival is actually not only aiming to be a good time but also striving to make up the difference in the recent California school budget cuts. 100% of the proceeds from the event will go to Yick Wo Public Elementary School in San Francisco.
The festivities start at 11:30 with a kick off performance from Mysturbia, the 9-year-old Yick Wo 5th graders girls’ rock band. Following up these talented girls, some of the hottest kindie perfomers will rocking the stage for the main set: The Sippy Cups at 12:00pm, The Ralph’s World at 1:30pm and Choo Choo Soul with Genevieve at 3:30pm.
In between the stage performances be sure to check out the array of other activities; a truck tour and photo ops with San Francisco Fire Department, Fairy Dust Face Painting- Airbrush Tattoos, Twistyman balloon animals, Hip Hop workshop with Zulu Nation , music workshop from local favorite Blue Bear Music School and a “meet and greet” with Tree Frog Trek’s 15ft Burmese Python!
- Ride a bike to take a stroll to the event. The Crissy Field bike path runs right to the front door of the event. Self service bike and stroller corral parking is available on-site.
- Go green and take public transportation! Little Marina Green has convenient access to Muni buses #30, #43, #28, and #29. Muni bus lines #22, #41, and #45 also stop in the vicinity. For more information, call Muni at (415) 673-6864 or check the SFMTA trip planner.
- If you are bringing a car parking is free nearby at East Beach Parking lot, no parking is available at the location.
- Gates open at 11:oo am and the event starts at 11:30am be sure to arrive between 11-11:30 am so not to miss the musical action!
- You can certainly pack your own picnic but take the unique opportunity to sample some of SF’s finest kitschy Food Cart cuisine from one of the many local gourmet vendors. Bring some cash, not all of them accept credit cards.
- Bring a blanket or a low chair and arrive early to find a nice spot in front of the main stage the main stage.
- Be like the city folks and wear layers! The weather at the beach can be beautiful one minute and then foggy the next. Not that you’ll notice the gray skies while having such a great time, but it pays to be prepared!
Tickets are on sale now and will also be available at the event. More information can be found at the KidAroo website. Red Tricycle will also be at the event near the front entrance with a tattoo station and giving away a Retro Red Tricycle to one lucky KidAroo. Stop by and say hello!
P.S. Check out Red Tricycle San Francisco Facebook Page for have a chance to win a Family 4-Pack of tickets to The Kidaroo Music Festival!