School may have started already but weather still screams “SUMMER!” The upcoming long weekend is the perfect time to tick off those remaining items on your summer “must-do” list. We’ve gathered up a list of activities to keep you busy from baseball games to bands on the beach. The sun is out, all you need to do is pick one, pack up the kids and head out!
photo: Millbrae Art & Wine Festival/Miramar Events
1. Get ready to cheer on your favorite monster trucks as they do wheelies, donuts and more stunts at MONSTER Jam Triple Threat.
2. Dust off your kilt and head to the Highlands (aka Pleasanton) for the 153rd Annual Scottish Highland Games and Gathering.
3. Head to the Exploratorium on Pier 15 for a live chat with scientists and students on an icebreaker in the Arctic as they explore how marine ecosystems and wildlife are responding to melting sea ice and climate change. Cool!
5. Tune up your kiddo’s bike riding skills with free lessons in the Presidio.
6. Boogie on down to Bolinas where there will be music, food and more!
7. Capitola is the spot to be on Friday if you want to watch Cars 3 on the sand.
9. It’s tacos, tacos everywhere at the East Bay Taco Festival of Innovation on Saturday at Fremont’s Town Square Plaza.
10. Free Shakespeare in the Park will be performing shows of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” all three days in the Presidio.
11. Hunt for treasures on “the island” at the Alameda Antiques Fair.
12. Keep the summer vibes going with the summer sounds of Papa Doo Run Run at Bands on the Beach on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
13. Shake your tail feathers at the Monterey County Fair.
14. Visit the galleries after dark at OMCA’s Friday Nights program where music, food and community come together.