Times might be tough for your wallet but that doesn’t mean your date night needs to suffer too! After all, you’ve made the effort to get out of the house and that babysitter is getting paid, so go enjoy a parents night out at one of these fine picks for cheap (or even free!) drinks around San Francisco.
1. Burritt Room First Anniversary: The Burritt Room, a former speakeasy and current craft cocktail purveyor located inside the Crescent Hotel, turned one year old this month. …read more
2. Bottomless Sangria at Ki: The former Prana space inside Temple nightclub has transformed into Ki, a sustainable sushi bar with an atmosphere that’s akin to Blade Runner gone Technicolor. To lure post-work happy hour fans, they’re offering $15 bottomless shoju sangria, accompanied by omakase-inspired small bites. Drink a couple of glasses, and be prepared to be mesmerized by the chameleon-like walls. (Tuesday-Friday, 4:00 – 7:00 pm, at Ki, 540 Howard St., SOMA.)
3. Pizza Nostra Happy Hour: Pizza Nostra, a neighborhood Italian spot in Potrero Hill, is expanding its reach with its first-ever happy hour. On offer: $5 glasses of wine, $3 beers, and $2.50 slices of pizza margherita, along with a selection of $6-7 appetizers. Can’t make the early hour? Keep tabs on their Facebook feed, where they occasionally offer free wine or mimosas to customers on select evenings. (Tuesday-Thursday, 5:00 – 6:00 pm, at Pizza Nostra, 300 De Haro St., Potrero Hill.)
4. Friday-Night Happy Hour at EAT: In its new incarnation as a rotating pop-up space for restaurants, The Corner is offering some irresistible happy hours. EAT Restaurant has the Friday shift, luring weekend revelers with two-for-one Peroni and Kingfisher, two Chimays for $10, and glasses of wine for $5-7. The menu changes weekly, so check their website before visiting to see if any of the dinner options catch your eye. (Fridays, 5:30 – 7:00 pm, at The Corner, 2199 Mission St., Mission.)
5. Happy Hour at Nombe: Late-night drinkers in the Mission, heads up: if you’re looking for a place to snack after a bar crawl, or to continue said crawl, Nombe’s got your back. Their new late-night happy hour features $3 Sapporo drafts, as well as $5 chicken wings and other snacks to offset some of your evening’s sins. Not a late-night partier? The restaurant offers the same specials at a more normal happy-hour interval during the week. (Friday-Saturday, 10:00 pm – 1:00 am; Sunday-Thursday, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, at Nombe, 2491 Mission St., Mission.)
By Allie Pape
This is our weekly guest post from our friends at 7×7, a site that keeps you up on the best of SF. We’ve teamed up for an exciting partnership to bring you a fantastic Date Night idea each week. Be sure to check out their blog for hourly doses of the best of SF.