Everyone thinks of making their own popsicles once San Francisco summer comes around, but who has the patience to wait for them to freeze? Definitely not a group of restless kids in need of a cool treat! Local gourmet retailer Williams-Sonoma offers a nifty solution with Zoku Quick Pop Maker, a popsicle mold that can make ice pops in just 7 minutes! Freeze three pops at a time in the cast-aluminum mold and make up to nine in just minutes. A special tool helps release the treats from the mold and the durable plastic sticks are designed to keep the popsicle secure in eager hands, not in the tray or on the floor.
- Orange-you Strawberry? – Sliced strawberries mixed with orange juice
- Watermelon “Mojito” – Watermelon, lime juice and mint pureed with a touch of brown sugar
- Elvis’ Sandwich – Ripe bananas and peanut butter pureed with milk
- Peaches n’ Cream – Chopped peaches mixed with plain or vanilla yogurt
- Coco Melon – Cantaloupe and basil pureed with coconut water