Red Tricycle is a digital city guide for parents, offering ideas for things to see, eat and do for families in 9 US cities. Our 500k-strong community rely on Red Tricycle to deliver fun events, including our own hosted events. The Events Coordinator will be responsible for planning, organizing and executing the most spectacular (and totally awesome) events for families across the US. We are looking for a highly-organized, creative and inspired Event Coordinator to help connect Red Tricycle to our community offline and translate our brand essence and personality through our events.
- Be in charge of all community-facing events (play dates, advertiser events, conferences, Awards, Red Tricycle branded events).
- Work with our marketing team to strategize on the optimization of lead generation through in-market events.
- Work with our advertising team to find creative solutions for advertisers through in-market events.
- Organize and own our internal events calendar.
- Manage all pre-event coordination: messaging and strategy; registration, assessing project scope needs and identifying appropriate staff, preparing and shipping materials (booth, collateral, giveaways), and engaging our database to increase the attendance of key events.
- Manage the event set-up and breakdown, manage onsite events, troubleshoot on-site challenges, engage with prospects to gather information
- Support our Marketing Manager with various marketing programs and campaigns
- Requirements and Qualifications:
- Several years at a PR firm or in a marketing role.
- Demonstrated experience in event planning
- Experience with Excel is helpful
- Detail oriented with exceptionally strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, simultaneous deadlines and timelines
- Creative self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and consistently good judgment
- Excellent communication, public presentation and customer service skills
- Proven ability to build relationships and utilize networks
- Strong sense of diplomacy, initiative, and the ability to represent Red Tricycle in a consistently positive professional manner
- Experienced with budget development and management
- Ability to work well with a variety of people from various backgrounds and cultures
- Flexible, good-humored, creative, team player.
- College graduate or equivalent
About You – Here are some statements that should apply to you:
- You are self-motivated and enjoy taking ownership of projects.
- You feel comfortable doing things, even when no one is telling you exactly what to do.
- You can execute with flexibility and speed.
- You enjoy being part of small team, and understand your critical role in helping other team members and making the organization successful.
- Your understand and thrive in the speed, chaos & vibrancy of a start-up environment.
- You are solution-oriented and enjoy figuring out how to make things happen.
- Working with an “army of moms” across the US inspires you.
- You enjoy”sweating the small stuff” when it comes to event execution, from proper signage, to the right types of candy to distribute at a preschool fair.
About Red Tricycle:
Red Tricycle is the #1 resource for families planning their weekends. We offer inspiration, discovery and solutions to getpeople off of the sofa and onto their next family adventure. We serve a fast-growing online community of busy urban parents in 9 major markets. The company is continuing to scale at an aggressive pace, with the help of a commercial marketing deal with zulily and Series A financing (lead by Maveron), and is focused on improving our product offering and better engaging our already loyal community.As a team, we work hard, move fast and are focused on delivering exceptional solutions to our community (readers, advertisers, partners, co-workers).If this all sounds exciting to you, you should come work with us. Please send us your resume and an inspiring cover letter for review to email@example.com.
This position is based in our Sausalito office.