We know it’s hard to admit, but summer is coming to an end soon. It won’t be long before we trade in our flip-flops for rain boots and put away the sunscreen in exchange for lunchboxes. Spend these last few weeks of summer having fun! Here are our top ten ideas for ending this summer with a bang in Seattle!
1. Ride scooters and bikes through the tunnel under I-90 at Sam Smith Park and play at the playground afterwards.
2. Groove to some of Seattle’s biggest kiddy bands at the Tots-n-Tunes Music Fest.
4. Visit the Family Fun Park at Remlinger Farms! The rides are perfect for little thrill seekers and you can pick up fresh fruits and veggies while you’re there too.
6. EMP Members can participate in FamilyFunFest, a day where members can check out some of the coolest kid programs that are typically only available for school tours.
7. Clean out your biggest bucket and go blueberry picking!
8. End summer with a trip to the Puyallup Fair.
9. Catch the last of the Sounds of Summer Concert series at University Village and don’t miss the fun crafts for kids while you’re there.
10. Jump on one of the ferries that your kids are always asking about! You can walk on at the Seattle waterfront or drive north and take a day-trip to the San Juan Islands.
What is your family doing in the last sweet days of summer this year? Do you have any special traditions for celebrating the end of summer?
Looking for more ways to enjoy summer in Seattle? Here are 50 more things to keep you busy!
– Katie Kavulla