Whether President’s Day kicks off mid-winter break for your fam or liberates your weekend beyond two days, there are plenty of ways you and your little patriots can play around Seattle. From marine exploration to drum circle dances to races the whole family can run, we’ve got all you need to know. Read on!
1. Explore the world in miniature at the largest model show in the Northwest. See hundreds of detailed scale models, attend a free modeling seminar and build your own model to take home.
2. Bring the kids to Seattle Center to experience the cultures of our Pacific Northwest neighbors during Movin’ Around the World: Winter’s week-long celebration. Expect plenty of singing, dancing and hands-on activities to keep the kids entertained.
photo: by Tori Dickson
3. Take a much-needed break from the rain over President’s Day Weekend, with the Emerald City’s plethora of indoor activities. From museums and aquariums, to bookstores, art studios and trampoline parks, we’ve put together a list of 35 rainy day activities to keep everyone in your crew happy and entertained.
4. Feel wolf fur, hold a mountain goat skull, stroke a wolf pelt and get up close to dozens of native Northwest animals on President’s Day. It’s what Wild Child Weekends are all about.
photo: Northwest Trek
5. Break a sweat with your little patriots as you run, walk or jog the Presidents Day Weekend Run. The kids dash is a blast!
6. Party with the Junie B. Jones fan in your fam and players from the Tacoma Musical Playhouse. It’s all about stories, crafts and activities today.
7. School may be out, but camp is in session. Check out these 11 boredom-busting mid-winter break camps that kick off on President’s Day.
photo: Taproot Theater
8. Dance to the beat of African drums at a free library program highlights many voices in one land.
9. Watch as divers swim with a gigantic octopus in the Window on Washington Waters exhibit during Octopus Week at the Seattle Aquarium. In addition to learning about one of the coolest creatures in Puget Sound—the giant Pacific octopus—you and the kids can participate in special hands-on activities, octopus feedings, talks and more.
photo: Seattle Aquarium
10. Bundle up your crew spend the morning at Kelsey Creek Farm meeting pigs, ponies, goats and chickens. Oh my!
11. If you’ve ever wondered how to save sea turtles with technology and dance, or how basketball is related to science, AAAS Family Science Day is the place to be. Bring the kids to the Sheraton Grand downtown to have all your pressing science questions answered and more.
12. Discover a new twist on an old tale at this newly opened Seattle Children’s Theater stage production.
13. Skate through the weekend at a local roller rink with your crew. You bring the skates, they provide the fun.
photo: Josh R. via yelp
14. Let it go at the Broadway stage production of Disney’s FROZEN at the Paramount.
15. Still looking for ways to keep your kids entertained over the three-day weekend and beyond? Check out our list of 50 fresh ideas for winter fun and get out and enjoy some play time together.
—Allison Sutcliffe & Kristina Moy