Service Learning Project (SLP)
The Service Learning Project (SLP) is an action civics program for youth grades K-12. Through our in school, after school, and virtual programs, our students become leaders and agents of positive change in their communities by working together to help solve social problems of their choice. The students are in charge at SLP – every step of the process is youth-driven – and every final project has a real and profound impact.
We are currently accepting applications for our spring 2021 virtual SLP Lab.
Here are the details:
- What: An opportunity for young people to make real change on a social issue they are passionate about. Each Lab includes a weekly group meeting during the after-school hours along with independent work between meetings.
- When: Spring Labs begin the week of January 25 and end the week of April 26.
- Who: 4th-12th grade students from anywhere in the U.S.
- Where: Online! Group meetings will take place through Zoom.
- How: Submit your application here. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until January 13.
- Why: Participating in action civics can help young people feel connected and empowered during this incredibly challenging time.
Contact us at email@example.com or visit our website for more information – we’d love to tell you more!