Still looking for the perfect summer camp but the traditional options just don’t appeal to your kiddos? Look no further than Pali Adventures, SoCal’s choose-your-own overnight camping adventure. Nestled in the woods of Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear, Pali Adventures is a camp for a modern kid! It’s not just hikes and campfires here. This camp features up-to-date activities and an empowering schedule, which means campers are given the freedom to choose what they want to do and when they want to do it. With more than 21 speciality camp and 70 elective activities, there are over 25,000 different combinations to guarantee your campers come home saying that was the best summer ever!
21 Speciality Camps Ready To Inspire
The day will start off right at the speciality morning camps where you can pick your own adventure. Action lovers will dig the heart-pounding excitement of the new fantasy LARP camp, Hollywood stunt camp, trapeze and ariel camp or water sports camp. Artistic types can tap into their creative side at options like the popular culinary camp, film camp or even fashion camp. Performers will want to scream and shout at dance camp, acting camp, rockstar camp or magic camp. Taught by experts and industry professionals, these morning camps are all about honing your skills, pushing yourself and having fun with it all week long.
70 Afternoon Electives Full of Fun
Things gets even more interesting in the afternoon with a choice of 70 elective activities to get campers maxing up the fun. Your kiddos can select three activities per afternoon, including zooming through the sky on a 227-foot zip line, tumble and clap at cheer class, fly across the waters of Big Bear lake on a wakeboard, or get in touch with their inner selves at relaxation hour. Campers use an iTouch every morning at breakfast to create their schedule for the day and activities can be increased based on popular demand. Talk about freedom of choice!
Mandatory – Lots of Fun
While you may be able to choose your own camping adventure it is guaranteed that your campers are in for a whole heap of fun. Between the Thursday night Dance Party (where the DJ camp kids each play a set), the midnight rumblings (where the dining hall is turned into a late night dessert fest) or the Friday Water Wars (where you can splash it out with new friends), you’ll be assured your sprouts are having lots of fun. Pali Adventures also pays alot of attention to creating traditions and cultures that bring the group together. “Living on a Prayer” or should we say “Singing on a Chair” is the dancing on a chair anthem before every meal.
Good To Know: The Pali Adventures Basics
- Pali Adventures overnight camp runs for 9-weeks with campers being able to attend in weekly increments. The ideal camper is at least 8-years-old.
- The fee includes all accommodation, meals and activities.
- Pali is a tech-free zone with all electronic devices held to give the kids plenty of time to be at one with nature, forge new friendships and learn how to tackle any problems without mom or dad being a phone call away.
- Parents can still keep up to date with all the goings on at the parent portal. Thousands of photos are loaded into the portal daily with the activities and happenings from camp that day. Plus a weekly DVD is created with the help of the broadcasting camp kids crew so the weeks memories are never forgotten.
- Transportation to and from camp can be organized if needed.
30778 California 18
Running Springs, CA 92382
What would your kids try at Pali Adventures? Tell us in the Comments below.
— Lenya McGrath
Photos courtesy of Pali Adventures