Spring is in full bloom and activities and events are starting to blossom again with the re-openings of museums, theme parks, and businesses all over SoCal. We’ve put together a thrilling bucket list of springtime activities your family is sure to enjoy. Read on for where to put some spring in your step!
1. Birch Aquarium is now fully open and welcoming visitors. The Aquarium also offers an array of virtual experiences including online summer camps (as well as in-person camps. Don't miss their Marine Protected Area Touch Experience, where you can get hands-on with juvenile sharks and rays, and other local species at Preuss Tide Pool Plaza.
2. Explore San Diego's abundance of nature preserves and reserves. Our guide shows you where to go and top tips on having the best excursion with your kids.
3. Talk to the animals! We know just where to go to experience up-close and personal, private animal encounters––from Friesian horses to lions, tigers and bears!
4. If you'd rather spy animals in nature without paying a dime, we know 9 secret spots around the city where the wild things are!
6. Enjoy a serene meal outdoors at one of our favorite secret picnic spots. We also direct you to the best nearby takeout food for an effortless meal.
7. Hankering for a safe staycation? Check out our top picks for exciting and fun contactless family vacations in SoCal.
11. Speaking of blooms, go ooh and aah over acres of colorful and gorgeous flowers at The Flower Fields before they close for the season May 9th.
12. Pick a Thursday to enjoy Mendocino Farms' kids eat free promotion for a special lunch out.
13. Go berry picking! We know all the best spots where you'll have bushels of fun picking strawberries, blueberries and more delicious produce straight from the farm.
14. On May 1, head to the San Diego Made Summer Market, San Diego’s largest locally-curated market, this event will feature a socially-distanced outdoor shopping experience with handmade and vintage goods by roughly 60 local vendors
16. Dive in to the high life by visiting a stunning local hotel pool that offers resort passes for families.
18. Dreaming of escaping to an island vacation? We've got everything you need to know about visiting Catalina Island with kids.
19. Shhh... go visit one of these beautiful local parks that boast little known activity offerings no one knows about.