While chicken breast isn’t especially known for its natural flavor, Nicole from Nibbles by Nic discovered a great way to dress up an otherwise bland piece of poultry. She seasons the chicken and then marinates it, which creates big time flavor. The best part? Most of the ingredients should already be in your pantry. Huzzah!
2 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoon light agave nectar
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic minced
zest 1/2 lemon
zest 1/2 orange
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt/peper to taste
Ground Pepper to taste
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast trimmed of fat and cut into 4 uniform pieces
1. Heat grill or grill pan to high heat.
2. Whisk first 8 ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Season chicken with salt pepper and garlic powder.
3. Marinate spice-dusted chicken for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
4. Place chicken on grill or grill pan for 3-4 minutes to cook per side depending on thickness (When you see char marks flip it)
5. Baste chicken with remaining marinade halfway through cooking time.
Chef’s Tips: Throw peppers and zucchini strips tossed with olive oil on pan for side.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Nicole from Nibbles by Nic. Hop on over to her blog for more fantastic recipe ideas and nibbles for kids.