Mix up your pasta routine while still appealing to your kids’ picky taste buds with this creamy, warm, and comforting recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo courtesy of Lynsey from Frou Frou & Frills. Sneak in veggies like mushrooms, spinach and any other goods you have on hand.
1 package fettuccine noodles
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1 c fresh sliced mushrooms
1 c spinach leaves
2 tbsp butter
1 c heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic
2 chicken breasts, cooked (optional)
1. In a large frying pan, saute the onion in butter.
2. Once the onion is tender, add the garlic and mushrooms.
3. Saute until they are all tender.
4. Reduce heat to low/medium heat and slowly stir in heavy cream.
5. Add the salt and parmesan and stir until the parmesan has dissolved.
6. Add pre-cooked spinach if desired (or, cook fresh spinach with 1 tbsp of butter until wilted).
7. If you would like to thicken your alfredo sauce add a few tbsps of flour.
8. Stir until you have achieved your desired thickness.
9. Serve over your noodle of choice and with a white a chicken breast on the side (or cut up the chicken and serve it on top).
A self-described fun loving, enthusiastic, passionate, positive person with a deep love for all things pretty, Lynsey shares the things that make life more enjoyable–from food to fashion–on her blog Frou Frou & Frills. Among Lynsey’s many talents is cooking, where she creates delicious home-cooked meals that run the gamut from quick and easy to comforting recipes “just like mom used to make.” Follow her on all her daily adventures over at Frou Frou & Frills.