October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We want to hear your story about how breast cancer has had an impact on your life, especially on your role as a parent.
During the month of October, we’re asking you share your story here on Spoke. We’re looking for unique stories, and encourage you to think outside the box in your writing. Our editors will select three original (previously unpublished) stories as featured articles, and the writers of those stories will earn $100.
Need some writing inspiration? Consider one of these topics:
- I was diagnosed with breast cancer and I started parenting differently
- What I said to my kids after my breast cancer diagnosis
- My wife has breast cancer and here’s how our parenting changed
- I have Stage IV cancer and my kids’ reaction surprised me
- The surprising place I found help when I was undergoing chemotherapy
Here are a few examples of moving stories from moms who are breast cancer survivors:
- How I Told My Kids I Had Breast Cancer
- A Goodbye Letter to My Breasts
- How to Help a Friend With Cancer
- My Journey to Baby After Cancer
- Dear Cancer: A Mother’s Answer to the Unanswered Question
- Bond from Beyond
- April 2015: The Month Breast Cancer Changed My Life
- Pink Ribbon: A Poem
- Pregnant With Cancer: Surviving as a Mom
- What I Learned From Breast Cancer and Painting Class
- Brenda Walsh Has Cancer and Now I Have to Get a Mammogram
- I Am A Young Breast Cancer Survivor and This is What I Want You to Know
- A Killer in my House: How My Family and I Handled My Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- Every Breast Cancer Story Needs to Be Told
- Why This Wasn’t a Free Boob Job
- Trust, Relationships and Staying Home With the Kids After Breast Cancer
- I Don’t Want to be the Cancer Chic, But I Am
Do you have a previously-published post you’d like to share about breast cancer? We want to read it! While previously-published stories are not eligible to receive payment, we’d love to include it in our Breast Cancer Awareness stories on Red Tricycle.
Ready to join the conversation? Submit your story today!