photo: Courtesy of Intrepid Travel
Spring is finally on its way—and it’s time for another Spoke Writing Contest! Don’t forget: our Writing Contests now run for six weeks at a time instead of monthly, so make a note of dates.
Let’s Talk Theme: Your Parenting Journey
They say life is a journey, and none more so than the experience of parenting. We want to hear about your family journeys, whether it’s a special story about the first time you took your kid to Disneyland or the journey of welcoming a new member to your family. We want your stories of where you’ve been—and where you’re headed—together as a family this year.
Contest Writing Prompts
Need some inspo? Here are a few ideas to get your started:
- I Never Thought I’d Become a Parent: My Journey from Infertility to Parenthood
- The Hilarious/Epic/Disastrous/Surprising Story of My Kid’s First Flight
- A Parenting Road Map of Realistic Expectations During Your Baby’s First Year
- Our Family’s Journey of Adoption
- The Surprising Story I Found When I Made My Family Tree
- Our Family Tree Looks a Little Different from Most & That’s Okay
- Recapping Our Family’s Cross-Country Road Trip (& What We Learned Along the Way)
- How I Overcame My Fear of Flying—with Kids
- Our Family’s Trip of a Lifetime
- The Weirdest Trip We’ve Ever Taken as a Family
Feel free to write about whatever you’d like as it relates to this theme, and make sure your post fits into one of our three Spoke post categories: Real Talk, Rockstar Parenting or Parenting Humor.
The Fine Print
Three winning posts will be selected by our editors and based on quality, originality and page views.
- Each winner will receive $100 each for their original post. (Remember, only original posts are eligible for Writing Contest prizes.)
- Entries must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. Pacific by Apr. 30, 2019. Winners will be notified and announced the next month.
- To enter, please use of the following Red Tricycle Article Code with your post: #parentingjourney2019. (No caps and please include the hashtag.)
We can’t wait to read your awesome entries!
—Keiko Zoll, Spoke Contributor Network Editor