Changes are coming to the Starbucks Rewards program, so forget about everything you think you know—because as of Apr. 16, you’ll get the chance to experience Stars at Starbucks in a totally different way.
As of mid-April, the days of waiting until you reach you reach a specific level or status to reap the benefits of your rewards will go the way of the dinosaurs. With this new program, you’ll get the chance to start earning—and using your Stars—right away.
How will the new rewards program work? First, make sure you’re signed up for Starbucks Rewards. You’ll get two Stars for every $1 spent. Look for other ways to earn, such as Double Star Days and more. You can redeem your Stars when you collect 25 of them, with new Star tiers that allow you to bank or spend as you please:
- The 25-Star tier scores you a free extra espresso shot, dairy substitute, or additional flavor.
- At 50 Stars you can get a brewed hot coffee, hot tea, or select bakery item.
- The 150-Star freebies include handcrafted drinks, hot breakfast picks, and yogurt parfaits.
- At 200 Stars you can choose from a lunch sandwich, protein box, or salad.
- And at 400 Stars you can choose from select merchandise or packaged coffee!
Members also get free brewed hot coffee and tea refills as well as a free birthday treat. Starbucks Rewards Visa Credit and Prepaid members won’t need to worry about expiration dates anymore. (Stars for these members won’t expire.)
To join the new Starbucks Rewards program, sign up here online.
Featured photo: Courtesy of Starbucks