Savory steak and sweet pineapples! We would have never tried this amazing combination if it weren’t for food blog The Rustic Willow who dreamed up this awesome combo. Lunch or dinner this meal will be a huge hit with your youngsters, especially when it’s in an easy-to-eat wrap. Or, serve it buffet-style so kids can make their own portions. Scroll down for the full recipe.
1 can of sliced pineapple rings
Juice from half a lime
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1.5 lb flank stank
1 large tomato
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 package of 10 medium-sized tortillas
1 gallon-sized Ziploc bag
1. Take 2 pineapple rings and the juice from the can and pour into a blender (reserve the rest of the slices).
2. Add the remainder of the marinade ingredients into the blender. Blend until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Place steak in Ziploc bag and pour marinade over. Make sure steak is covered.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (no longer!)
5. While marinating, chop your tomato, additional pineapple rings, and cilantro.
6. Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
7. Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
8. When steak is done marinating, cook steak on grill: 3-4 minutes each side for medium rare to medium, and 5-6 minutes on each side for medium to medium well.
9. Take steak off grill and let sit for 10 minutes.
10. Wrap tortillas in tinfoil and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
11. After 10 minutes, cut the steak in strips against the grain.
12. Fill the tortilla with 3 strips of steak, a handful of tomatoes, pineapples and cilantro.
13. Lastly, add a dollop of sour cream.
14. Dig in!
Have you tried any other awesome flavor combinations? Let us know in the Comments below!
Inspired by her time in New Orleans, Cat runs the wonderful The Rustic Willow, a blog that covers recipes, DIY, projects and fun life lessons. Her amazing flavor combinations and bright photographs will make you want to experiment in the kitchen. Click here to see her awesome recipes.