With a simple mix of orzo pasta, mozzarella cheese, grape tomatoes, and some fresh basil, you’ve got the makings of a summer pasta salad that’s perfect for feeding a large crowd, or as a side to any meat you’re grilling at your next BBQ. Serve at room temperature or cold–it’s delicious either way!
1 lb orzo
1 1/2 c grape tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 c of cubed mozzarella cheese
handful torn fresh basil
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1/2 c olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Mix red wine vinegar, honey, and olive oil in small bowl.
3. Cube cheese, halve tomatoes, and tear basil.
4. Drain and rinse pasta.
5. Coat pasta with dressing.
6. Add basil, tomatoes, and cheese.
7. Chill at least two hours or overnight before serving.
Do your kids love orzo salad?
The dynamic duo of Mr. & Mrs. Herb are a kitchen savvy couple that enjoy nothing more than coming home and enjoying a delicious home cooked meal comprised of ordinary and inexpensive ingredients. For them ,the fun of cooking rests in the creative process, especially with the recipes they create themselves. When they’re not photographing and taste-testing their creations in the kitchen, Mr. & Mrs. Herb are often exploring new local restaurants that offer one-of-a-kind dining experiences. Follow their food exploits at Herb on Herbs.