When it comes to quick fixes and emergency problem solving, parents are on demand 24/7. Add a few of these tips to your arsenal and you’ll soon be packing tape in your glove box, carry on, diaper bag and drawers.
1. Use duct tape to prevent blisters before working out or walking with new shoes.
2. Masking tape, packing tape, duct tape or even scotch tape work to remove pet hair and lint.
3. Use double-sided clear tape to prevent scratches from your cat on new furniture. Or invest in Sticky Paws. Seriously.
4. Keep flowers from wilting with a little clear scotch tape.
5. It’s a leetle bit gross but hanging strips of duct tape can help trap flies. Handy when you show up at that rental cabin and realize just what “rustic” means.
6. Put a little traction on the bottom of an shoe with duct tape that you score to make a rough surface.
7. Use scotch tape to clean your keyboard: basically just “floss” the keys with a strip of tape.
8. Heavy duty packing tape or duct tape can hold a zipper in place. We’ve all been there.
9. Need to shorten shoelaces for your tots? Just trim them and wrap colorful tape around the ends to make them easy to lace.
10. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it: Gorilla Tape makes an awesome clothesline.
11. Hem your jeans, skirt or dress in a flash. Put down the safety pins. Duct tape holds the best, especially with heavy fabric like denim.
12. Electric tape can be used to repair fraying phone and computer cords: it comes in white, too!
Do you have any genius tape hacks? Share them with our community in the comments below!
photo: Alexander Abreu via flickr