When it comes to tasty Thai food, forget ordering out and follow Chef Savvy‘s recipe for simple basil chicken stir fry. This savory dish takes less than 30 minutes to make, and can be easily adapted for vegetarian or vegan palates. Skip the jalapeños if your tots are sensitive to spices. Get the full recipe below.
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
2 whole boneless chicken breasts
1 whole red bell pepper, sliced
1 whole green bell pepper, sliced
2 cups sugar snap peas
½ onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon jalapeño, minced
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
½ tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons basil, sliced
1. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large skillet. Add in chicken breast and saute until fully cooked, flipping halfway. About 8 minutes.
2. Take chicken out of the pan and set aside. Let the chicken sit for 5 minutes and slice into strips.
3. Meanwhile, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the same skillet.
4. Add in the bell peppers, snap peas and onions and saute on medium-high heat until they are carmazlied and tender but still have some crunch to them. About 4-5 minutes.
5. Add in the garlic, ginger and jalapeño and cook for an additional minute.
6. Add the sliced chicken back to the pan and stir in the hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Take off of the heat and add in the lime juice and basil.
8. Serve immediately with a side of rice.
Want more stir-fry dishes? Check out our better than take-out recipes here!
Cooking might become your favorite past-time after following Chef Savvy, a food blog filled with recipes that are simple, easy and fun. Writer and home-chef Kelley develops tasty recipes in her kitchen that will become staples to your family meals. From buffalo chicken tenders to blackberry crisps, Chef Savvy has recipes that’ll rock mealtime, all the time.