Now that June is upon us, it’s time to say hello to summer with fun family activities. From going to the beach to family bowling and getting crafty for Father’s Day, we’ve got all the family activities to start your summer in the right direction. Here are 30 ways to spend some quality family time in June.
photo: ddimitrova via Pixabay
1. Start your own summer bucket list and fill it with some of these ideas.
2. Go berry picking at a local orchard or pickery.
3. Make a fruity dessert with the strawberries you picked.
4. Sign up for summer reading programs.
5. Go out to dinner on “kids eat free” nights.
photo: langll via Pixabay
6. Swim in the community pool.
7. Catch fireflies.
8. Sign the kids up for Kids Bowl Free summer programs.
9. Attend an outdoor movie.
10. Go fishing in a lake.
photo: Leah Singer
11. Pack a picnic and head to your local park.
13. Have a weekly “crafternoon” with summer crafts.
14. Shop at a local farmer’s market.
15. Take a family road trip.
photo: StockSnap via Pixabay
16. Have a 1980s-inspired summer day.
17. Head to the beach, because science says it’s good for the brain.
18. Have a cook-out using one of these 25 hot dog recipes.
19. Make homemade ice cream (and you don’t even need a fancy machine).
20. Cook together as a family with one of these stove-free summer recipes.
photo: cegoh via Pixabay
21. Sign up for a free (or nearly free) summer learning program.
22. Get outside for a bike ride.
23. Set up an outdoor art space and make some art.
24. Have an outdoor game day with these 15 classic yard games.
25. Go to an outdoor concert.
photo: Leah Singer
26. Paint rocks and hide them in your community.
27. Make a DIY Father’s Day gift for dad.
28. Make glow-in-the-dark slime.
29. Channel your inner artists with cool sidewalk chalk drawing.
30. Set up a kiddie pool and do one of these cool activities with it.
—Leah R. Singer
Feature photo: photo: Miloš Marković via Flickr