We love summer. But there are things we don’t mind leaving behind. Here are 11 of them.
1. Deep-fried state fair food.
photo credit: Jacqui Boland
2. The jingly-jing of the ice cream man circling the block every 20 minutes.
photo credit: Roadside pictures via creative commons
3. The unsupervised kid on the splash pad that likes to take spray-aim at you.
photo credit: “Muhammad” via creative commons
4. “Blurred Lines” on the radio. And your kid’s questionable rendition of it.
photo credit: Kia Clay via creative commons
5. Shaking sand out of underwear.
photo credit: ECraig4 via creative commons
6. Taking more time to slather SPF before a walk than actually walking.
photo credit: Robert S. Donovan via creative commons
7. Back-to-school paperwork.
photo credit: Celesteh via creative commons
8. Cleaning up what looks like a sidewalk chalk factory explosion on your child’s best outfit.
photo credit: Lucidtech via creative commons
9. Carrying around a diaper bag that contains your weight in water bottles.
photo credit: Mrs. Flinger via creative commons
10. Convincing Junior to climb inside your car that feels hot enough to fry an egg on.
photo credit: ToriaURU via creative commons
11. Two words: Smelly Crocs
photo credit: Damongman via creative commons
Is there anything you’d like to add to our list? Tell us below!
— By Kelly Aiglon & Erin Lem