The lead up to Christmas can be a crazy few weeks: so much to do and so little time. If we aren’t careful we can lose the magic in the rush to recreate a “perfect” family Christmas, like the kind you see in a magazine.
But sometimes the most magical family Christmas moments come in the simplest of wrappings. Remember, it’s not in things that we find true happiness but in the experiences we share with others. So, count-up to Christmas with this special happiness-filled advent calendar!
- Put up your decorations everywhere.
- Make a Christmas alphabet by thinking of 26 Christmas-related things, each beginning with a letter of the alphabet.
- Go on a candy cane hunt indoors or out.
- Make Christmas biscuits. Those with a boiled sweet in middle are especially gorgeous at Christmas-time.
- Go tinsel-bombing (like yarn-bombing but with tinsel)!
- Create a Christmas hat or buy and wear really silly ones.
- Make something nice to share: mince pies are good, as is popcorn.
- Antlers and Bells Day! Wear antlers all day and sing “Jingle Bells” often.
- Make paper Christmas trees with rolls of paper.
- Have a “Rockin’ Robin” party by wearing red bibs and flash mobbing your front room.
- Make and take Christmas cards to neighbors and friends,
- Make hot chocolate and drink it outdoors.
- Go to a nursing home and sing some Christmas songs or visit an elderly person.
- Dress up in sparkly outfits,
- Sing “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” to your family, neighbors or even in public!
- Make a gingerbread house, even if it’s just with pre-made gingerbread cookies and icing.
- Learn a new Christmas song.
- Go outside at night and find a star.
- Wrap yourself up in wrapping paper like the gift to the world you are #allwrappedup
- Make some Christmas playdough and add cinnamon, mixed fruit or mixed spices.
- Make handprint cut-outs and make a wreath for the door.
- Make paper chains with your kids and see who can make the longest one.
- Choose your favorite advent activity from the past 22 days and do it again!
- Make reindeer food and sprinkle it on your sidewalk.