If your short—and responsible socially-distanced walks—around the block are a highlight of your day, you may want to invest in a stroller that will put an extra spring in your step. Thule’s newest addition to their stroller family, the Spring stroller, is the perfect set of wheels to explore with ease (and we all know doing anything with ease is a hot commodity these days). From its one-handed fold to its compact design, this stroller checks all the boxes. So eventually when your short walks become longer walks to the playground and those become day trips afar, Thule’s Spring stroller will be with you every step of the way. Read on for six reasons this stroller is actually worth springing for.
1. It’s compact without feeling flimsy.
While we’re not naming names, so many strollers tout themselves as lightweight and compact, but when it comes down to it, riding in them is as bumpy as a turbulent flight. We found that Thule Spring is indeed lightweight, weighing in at 21 pounds, but the ride is far from shaky. Like all Thule products, this stroller is sturdy and its smooth ride impressed us (and our finicky toddler who is all about walking independently these days). We like how this stroller is like a hybrid between a traditional jogging stroller and the bevy of lightweight travel strollers on the market. It handles well and provides a steady ride without a bulky, inefficient design.
2. You can unfold it and collapse it with one hand.
With snacks in one hand, baby in another and a diaper bag over the shoulder, most parents could moonlight as professional jugglers. So when we heard Thule Spring can be unfolded and collapsed with one hand we were cautiously optimistic. After testing it ourselves, the hype is real folks. This one-handed feature is one of the bigger perks of this stroller and why we think it’s worth investing in. Kiss those juggling days goodbye.
3. It’s great if you’re short on space.
When folded, the stroller stands upright, which means it can easily slip into a closet or behind the driver or passenger seat in a car (as opposed to taking up precious space in your trunk). While it’s not the type of stroller that’ll fit into an overhead bin on your next flight, it is much more compact than most strollers on the market, which makes it especially great for city families. For full dimensions and specs click here.
4. Use it starting from birth.
We’re all about products that have a long shelf-life, and with a couple of adapters, Thule Spring can be used starting from birth. Simply click in your car seat and get that much-needed breath of fresh air.
5. Assembly is a cinch.
The last thing you want now—pandemic or no pandemic—is a complicated assembly. The Thule Spring is a cinch to set up and you’ll be strolling around the block within 10 minutes of opening the box.
6. Everything about its design is practical for parents.
This stroller’s design is smart and practical, and it looks good to boot. Here are a few features you’ll appreciate as a busy parent on the go:
- The canopy provides UPF 50+ UV protection and includes a see-through mesh so you can spy on kiddo when you’re on the move.
- The handlebar easily slides up and down to adjust to the parent’s height.
- The footrest is step-in, which means older kids can easily climb up onto the seat themselves.
- The front wheel can swivel or be locked in place.
- The tires are no foam-filled, no puncture so you don’t have to worry about getting a flat.
- The seat reclines for naps on the go and includes a five-point harness.
- Choose from six different color combos.
Thule Spring is available at thule.com for $399.95.