The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) has announced that TJX has recalled several styles of infant sleep bags due to suffocation risk.
The sleep bags are sized 0-6 months and sold under the brand names Dylan & Abby, First Wish, First Wish Organic, Harry & Me, Little Red Caboose, Piper & Posie, Sam & Jo, Sam & Jo Organic, Shabby Chic and Willow Blossom. Customers may have purchased the bags at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls or Sierra.
The size of the neck opening is too large for infants 0 to 6 months, which can allow an infant’s head to slip into and be covered by the sleep bag, posing a risk of suffocation. If you have one or more of these bags in your household, check the style number to see if it’s under recall:
- Dylan & Abby: CL01073
- First Wish: CL00824, CL00889, CL00911
- First Wish Organic: CL00981, CL00985, CL01099
- Harry & Me: CL01102
- Little Red Caboose: CL00756, CL00882, CL00899, CL00904, CL00905, CL00921, CL00924, CL00986, CL00987
- Piper & Posie: CL00819, CL00923, CL00982, CL01005, CL01006, CL01007
- Sam & Jo: CL00871, CL00890, CL00903, CL00906, CL00983, CL00984
- Sam & Jo Organic: CL01066
- Shabby Chic: CL00980
- Willow Blossom: CL00909, CL00913
About 3,600 bags are under recall in the U.S. Additionally, about 33,250 were sold in Canada.
Fortunately, no incidents have yet been reported. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled infant sleep bags and contact TJX for instructions on how to participate in the recall. They’ll receive their choice of either a full refund or a store gift card.
Image courtesy of Consumer Products Safety Commission