If the thought of spending one more hour in the kitchen, especially right after the holidays, makes you go “uggghhhh” then we’re right there with you. Luckily, there are a ton of great, quick, and simple recipes like this one for turkey taco salad that require very little time prepping or slaving over a hot stove. Five steps and you’ve got dinner on the table. Yes, it’s really that easy.
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon dried dill
1 large romaine lettuce
1/2 lb tomato
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
Any tortilla chips
1. Mince the garlic and chop onion, putting them into a large pan with room for the turkey. Add the olive oil and herbs and sauté.
2. When the vegetables wilt, add the turkey and cook until the turkey is browned. Drain if necessary.
3. While the meat is cooking, prepare your greens & tomatoes, plating individually or on a large platter as preferred.
4. Shred the cheddar cheese and set aside.
5. When all is ready, place turkey on the salad, add the shredded cheese, and edge with chips.
This is a recipe from our friend Chef Scott Davis, The Culinary Dude who teaches awesome cooking classes to families, parents and kids in Los Altos, Sacramento, Napa, Healdsburg, Los Angeles, Sausalito and San Francisco. For more information email Scott Davis or visit www.TheCulinaryDudeonTour.com or www.TheCulinaryDude.com for more details.