Are you ready to shop for a new car? Before you buy, check out U.S. News & World Reports’ 2021 Best Cars for Families!
U.S. News & World Reports reviewed nearly 90 cars, SUVs and minivans from the 2021 model year to choose the best of the best for fams. Winners were chosen based on safety and reliability ratings, professional auto reviews, seating and cargo volume and family-friendly features.
The big winner in the 2021 model year was Toyota, with four awards total. Honda was a close second, with three top honors. Overall, the winners for each category were:
2021 Best SUVs for Families
- Toyota RAV4: Best Compact SUV for Families
- Chevrolet Suburban: Best Large SUV for Families
- Honda Passport: Best 2-Row SUV for Families
- Kia Telluride: Best 3-Row SUV for Families
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid: Best Hybrid or Electric SUV for Families
2021 Best Cars for Families
- Honda Accord: Best Midsize Car for Families
- Toyota Avalon: Best Large Car for Families
- Toyota Avalon Hybrid: Best Hybrid or Electric Car for Families
2021 Best Minivan for Families
- Honda Odyssey: Best Minivan for Families
Of the awards, Jamie Page Deaton, executive editor of U.S. News Best Cars, said in a press release, “Families come in many forms, and with nine different categories to choose from, there’s a Best Cars for Families award winner that will work for any family.” Deaton continued, “The award winners have the space, safety and features to satisfy any family, from new parents to parents with new drivers to households that may be welcoming grandparents.”
Get more info on the winners and the full list of finalists at U.S. News & World Reports here.