The kiddos may have just gotten back into the swing of school, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start planning your 2020 family vaycays. Vrbo recently released data on the best times to book vacation homes—and now you can plan your next family getaway!
If you’re a January planner you aren’t alone. According to Vrbo’s data, this is the busiest booking month of the year. Even though it may seem like absolutely everyone is booking their dream trip right now, Vrbo has a few tips to make planning easier.
photo: Courtesy of Vrbo
Melanie Fish, Vrbo family travel expert, said in a press release, “The key is to book before traffic on the Vrbo app peaks so you’ll find the best selection of vacation homes for the amount you want to pay.” Fish continued, “There are clear times when demand surges, and booking your stay before that surge ensures you’ll get that house with a pool right on the beach or that mountain cabin that has enough beds for all the cousins.”
To stay ahead of the pack, Vrbo suggests booking your vacation rental for major holidays/peak travel times by these dates:
- Spring break: Book by Feb. 10
- Memorial Day weekend: Book by Apr. 20
- Summer: Book by Apr. 30
- Fourth of July weekend: Book by May 25
- Labor Day weekend: Book by Jul. 28
- Thanksgiving: Book by Oct. 21
- Ski season: Book by Oct. 30
- Winter break: Book by Nov. 17
So where are families traveling to this year? Whether you want to stay away from the crowds or you prefer to go to the most popular picks, Vrbo’s analysis found these winners for the top destinations of 2020 (by holiday or peak travel time):
- Spring break: Breckenridge, Colo.; Gulf Shores, Ala.; Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Memorial Day: Gulf Shores, Ala.; Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.; Orange Beach, Ala.
- Summer season: Panama City Beach, Fla.; Gulf Shores, Ala.; Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Fourth of July: Orange Beach, Ala.; Panama City, Fla.; Gulf Shores, Ala.
- Labor Day: Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Thanksgiving: Sevierville, Tenn.; Kissimmee, Fla.
- Ski season: Breckenridge, Colo.; Keystone, Colo.
- Winter break: Park City, Utah; Kissimmee, Fla.; Sevierville, Tenn.
For more information and additional tips, visit Vrbo here.
Featured photo: Vrbo via Instagram