Is cheese your love language? Send a complimentary heart-shaped box of delicious Wisconsin Cheese to your sweetheart. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, beginning today, through Jan. 31st, you can nominate the cheese-lover in your life to receive one of 500 limited edition gift boxes from Wisconsin, The State of Cheese.
Each limited edition box features a selection of five specialty Wisconsin cheeses, crafted by multi-generation cheesemakers including Master Cheesemakers, and sponsored by the experts at Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin. To personalize the gift, nominators can add the lucky recipient’s name to a cheesy greeting – with a friendly light-hearted option for colleagues and neighbors, a sweet note for friends and family or a sexy fromage-filled poem for the most daring and romantic cheese lovers.
“It’s the season of love, and this year we’re thinking beyond traditional symbols of romance for a more inclusive holiday that everyone can enjoy. From now until Valentine’s Day, we’re taking the pressure for receiving a rose off the table and celebrating our love for all things cheese,” says Suzanne Fanning, Chief Marketing Officer for Wisconsin Cheese and Senior Vice President for Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin. “In Wisconsin, cheese is our love language, and we know many of our fans across the country feel the same way, so this is a “grate” way to celebrate with cheese lovers nationwide.”
Wisconsin specialty cheeses featured in the heart-shaped gift box include:
- Crave Brothers Chocolate Mascarpone – Sweet cream kissed with chocolate, this velvety ambrosia adds a touch of luxury to desserts and can be enjoyed as a dip for fresh strawberries as your meal’s pièce de résistance.
- Cedar Grove Butterkäse – Short for “buttery cheese” because of its soft and silky, buttery texture, this decadently creamy cheese will make anyone who tastes it instantly swoon.
- Wood River Creamery Black Truffle Cheddar Gruyere – The aromatic truffle married to this aged cheddar and gruyere blend creates a complex and sophisticated flavor that your date will surely want to linger over.
- Roth Buttermilk Blue – Stop the world and melt your loved one’s heart with this award-winning luscious and creamy blue cheese. Simply drizzle with honey to soften any mood.
- Henning’s Maple Bourbon Cheddar – Perfect for anyone with sophisticated taste, this full-bodied white cheddar charms with mouthwatering hints of maple, caramel and molasses, and surprises as a delightful pair with chocolate truffles.
Find cheese gifts, pairing guides, Valentine’s Day recipes – including Chocolate-Raspberry Mascarpone Fondue, Mini Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecakes and more on WisconsinCheese.com.
All photos courtesy