Planning your 2019 family vaycay? If safety’s your priority, these are the world’s safest airlines, according to AirlineRatings.com.
AirlineRatings.com formulates its top 20 safest airlines list from a variety of comprehensive factors, including “government audits, airline’s crash and serious incident record; profitability, industry-leading safety initiatives, and fleet age.” So, which airlines made the list for 2019?
Australia’s Quantas took top honors as the world’s safest airline. Here is the full ranking of the top 20 safest airlines in the world; those in bold are also on our roundup of the best airlines for kids, too.
- Air New Zealand
- Alaska Airlines (also a Best Airline for Kids)
- All Nippon Airways (ANA)
- American Airlines (also a Best Airline for Kids)
- Austrian Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific Airways
- EVA Air
- Hawaiian Airlines (also a Best Airline for Kids)
- Scandinavian Airline System
- Singapore Airlines
- United Airlines (also a Best Airline for Kids)
- Virgin group of airlines (Atlantic and Australia)
If you’re looking to save while still staying safe—and really, who isn’t)—these picks made AirlineRatings.com’s top 10 safest low-cost airlines list for 2019:
- Frontier (also a Best Airline for Kids)
- HK Express
- Jetblue (also a Best Airline for Kids)
- Jetstar Australia/Asia,
- Thomas Cook
Family-friendly, cheap and world’s safest? These all sound like a win in our book!
Featured Photo: Winterseitler via Pixabay