Let summertime fun begin with the much-anticipated reopening of Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad, located only four miles from the south gate of Yosemite National Park. Starting Jun 12, visitors can once again ride the open-air “logger” on a one-hour excursion through the Sierra Nevada. The Thornberry Museum, onsite gold panning, and Kids Depot Toy Store make it the perfect destination for your family.
This year significant aspects of the operation have been updated to ensure safety for everyone. The guidelines from the CDC, State of California, and Madera County are followed strictly at this world-class attraction.
“We have reduced the number of touchpoints,” explains Scott McGhee, General Manager of Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad. “Whether it’s your first time visiting us, or you make it a regular outing, we have the staff and the safety procedures in place to help people feel confident to venture out. We’re excited to welcome everyone back as Yosemite reopens!”
The following safety protocols will be in effect at Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad:
- Reservations are now required to limit the number of guests and assure safe social distancing. Trains depart daily at 9:30 A.M. and 11:00 A.M., and you can book online.
- There will be health screening questions for all visitors.
- Capacity is limited to 50%.
- Recommending all guests wear masks.
- Inside of buildings, people will be limited for safe social distancing space.
- Box lunches are available to purchase online in advance.
- Outdoor picnic tables allow space for social distancing or take your lunch to go.
- Access to touchless hand sanitizing stations located throughout the property.
- Boarding groups will receive wristbands, rather than paper tickets.
- Safety barriers installed at transaction points.
- Gold panning water will be treated and gold pans sanitized after each use.
- There are extra cleaning and sanitization crews on-hand to ensure safety for everyone.
- An air purifier will sanitize the museum displays, nightly.
- Daily employee health and temperature checks.
- All employees will wear masks.
Featured photo: Yosemite National Park & Yosemite Sugar Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad