Pasta dishes can be the go-to for tasty, easy dinner fare, but that doesn’t mean they have to be boring or repetitive. This little gem of a recipe adds some flare to a traditional Italian dish that will have your kiddos licking their lips and yelling “delizioso mama!”
1 package of fusilli, bow tie or penne (no long noodles)
4 medium zucchinis, julienned
1 c bacon, cut into 1″ to 2″ pieces
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 c of parmesan cheese, grated
1 tbsp olive oil
pepper to taste
1. Warm up olive oil in medium skillet. Add bacon, onions and garlic.
2. Let sizzle until bacon starts to crisp.
3. Put a pot on to boil for the pasta.
4. Add veggies into the bacon skillet.
5. Cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. Some zucchini will start to mush and some will still be intact…this is good!
6. Add pasta to boiling water.
7. In a small bowl, whisk eggs while adding parmesan.
8. Drain cooked pasta and toss it into the skillet and give it a stir.
9. Pour the cheesy eggs into the skillet and cook over medium until sauce sets. Be careful of timing because it can go from perfect to soggy quickly.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Maya Visnyei via Sweet Potato Chronicles